Important: Please read these rules before entering this Sweepstakes. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. GENERAL. The House Party, Inc. "House PartyR Summer Kick-Off Twitter Party Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") is a sweepstakes where House Party registrants will have a chance to be selected to win gift cards, Cuisanart ice cream makers and House Party items. Up to forty-three (43) eligible entrants will be selected to win. To be entered into the Sweepstakes, online entrants must have participated in the Twitter party by using the #HPsummer hashtag during the Twitter Party from 8:00PM to 9:00PM EST on May 22, 2012 and must be registered with House Party. The foregoing is a general description only of the Sweepstakes and is qualified in its entirety by these Official Rules.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is only open to entrants who, at the time of entry, (a) have participated in the Twitter Party by using the #hpsummer hashtag during the Twitter Party from 8:00PM to 9:00PM on May 22, 2012 and must be registered with House Party, Inc. ("Sponsor"), (b) are legal residents of the United States, (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Territory"), and (c) are at least twenty-one (21) years old. The Sweepstakes is void outside the Sweepstakes Territory; and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such employee, officer and director, are not eligible to participate. The Sweepstakes, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the Sweepstakes Territory, and contestants must be present in Sweepstakes Territory at the time they enter.
3. TIMING. The Sweepstakes entry period begins at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time on May 22, 2012 and ends at 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time on May 22, 2012 (the "Entry Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. HOW TO ENTER. There is (1) way to enter this Sweepstakes: (1) online.
a. TO ENTER ONLINE. TO BE ENTERED INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES USING THE ONLINE METHOD OF ENTRY, YOU MUST HAVE SUCCESSFULLY PARTICIPATED IN THE TWITTER PARTY BY USING THE #HPSUMMER HASHTAG DURING THE SUBMISSION PERIOD. THE SUBMISSION PERIOD WILL BE FROM MAY 22, 2012 AT 8:00 p.m. EASTERN TIME UNTIL MAY 22, 2012 AT 9:00 p.m. EASTERN TIME. All online entries must be received by Sponsor during the Entry Period. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All entries will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the submitted email address. Submitting mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
b. FOR ALL ENTRIES. LIMIT: Multiple entries are allowed per person in this Sweepstakes, regardless of method of entry. All entries, regardless of method of entry, must be received by Sponsor during the Entry Period. All entries, including photos, along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith, become the exclusive property of Sponsor upon submission, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge that Sponsor will own all rights to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and noncommercially exploit the entry materials, in any manner or medium existing or hereafter developed, including the passing of all rights to its client without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. You agree to take, at Sponsor's request, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's ownership rights as set forth above in this paragraph. Proof of online submission or mailing will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. All entrants and entries subject to verification prior to the awarding of a prize, as are the eligibility, age and other claims of/information provided by a potential prize winner.
5. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor or its designee (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entrants, verifications of entries, the selection of entrants and winners, and the awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all respects. By accepting a prize in this Sweepstakes, a winning host fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor or its designee (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entrants, verification of entries, the selection of entrants and winners, and the awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all respects.
6. DRAWING; ODDS; NOTIFICATION. On or about May 23, 2012, Sponsor will randomly select the potential prize winners from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor in the Sweepstakes during the Entry Period. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor in the Sweepstakes. The entrants selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Potential winners will be notified by phone, letter (by postal or overnight delivery) and/or email. As a condition of winning any prize, a potential winner may be required to execute and return to Sponsor or its designee a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release (an "Affidavit/Release") in the form(s) provided by Sponsor or its designee in order to claim his/her prize. Such Affidavit/Release must be returned to Sponsor or its designee by the date and/or time indicated within such documents. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days of the first attempt to contact him/her, or if a potential winner fails to return the Affidavit/Release within the specified time, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if a potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor or its designee in his/her place at random from among all eligible non-winning entries received by Sponsor for the Sweepstakes. In such event, an alternate potential prize winner will be notified as described above and, as a condition to winning any prize, will be required to return the required documents to Sponsor or its designee as described above. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls, emails or other correspondence made to entrants by third parties.
a. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, up to forty three (43) prizes will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. The aggregate approximate retail value ("ARV") of all prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is less than $2,000.00.
b. There will be two tiers of prizes offered during the Sweepstakes. For Tier One, there will be three different prizes offered. There will be one (1) Tier One Grand Prize awarded in this Sweepstakes. The Tier One Grand Prize is one (1) Home Depot or Lowe's gift card of $250.00. There will be one Tier One First Prize awarded in this Sweepstakes. The Tier One First Prize is one (1) Visa gift card of $100.00. There will be three (3) Tier One Second Prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes. The Tier One Second Prize is one of three (3) Cuisanart Ice Cream Makers. During the Sweepstakes there will be Trivia Giveaways of four (4) Fandango gift cards of $50 and twelve (12) swag bundles (consisting of a House Party t-shirt, tote, bottle and pen) awarded. The Trivia Giveaways may be awarded in addition to any of the other Tier One prize levels but you may only win one Grand Prize, one First Prize or one Second Prize.
Tier Two prizes will only be awarded if the follower count of @housepartyfun reaches 20,000 by the end of the Twitter Party. If the number of followers of @housepartyfun reaches 20,000 then the following Tier Two prizes will be awarded. For Tier Two there will be four different prizes offered. There will be one (1) Tier Two Grand Prize awarded in this Sweepstakes. The Tier Two Grand Prize is one (1) Travelocity gift card of $500.00. There will be one Tier Two First Prize awarded in this Sweepstakes. The Tier Two First Prize is one (1) Home Depot or Lowe's gift card of $250.00. There will be one Tier Two Second Prize. The Tier Two Second Prize is one (1) Visa gift card of $100.00. There will be three (3) Tier Two Third Prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes. The Tier Two Third Prize is one of three (3) Cuisanart Ice Cream Makers. During the Sweepstakes there wi