With temperatures soaring this summer, what better way to beat the heat AND impress your friends than with these summer gift baskets: 1. Beachy keen - Use a large beach pail to hold the goods (toss in shovels too), like this clear, PVC-free one that will allow the receiver to see all of the awesome trinkets inside. Simply place the following summer goodies in!
* Solar charging station * Travel game, such as Spot-It * Waterproof pouch for camera or cell phone * Surfbreak collapsible speakers * Fun toenail polish color, like L'Oreal's Now you Sea Me * Festive towel
* iTunes gift card and a printed playlist with some of these suggestions: - "Summer Mood" - Best Coast - "Sun is Shining (Funkstar De Luxe Mix)" - Bob Marley - "Sunshine" - The Decemberists - "Big Sunglasses" - Dragonette - "Under the Boardwalk" - The Drifters - "Summertime Clothes" - Animal Collective - "My Sun" - The Temper Trap - "Summertime" - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - "Yellow Sun" - The Raconteurs - "Summer Teeth" - Wilco - "Summer Love" - Justin Timberlake - "Summer" - Modest Mouse
2. Playful Poolside - Stuff a festive cooler tote, such as this one with the following pool accoutrements!
* Popsicle tray with a few printed recipes, such as these unique flavor combinations: - Rosemary-infused lemonade popsicles - Reminiscent of the oh-so-popular summer lemonade stands, this flavor explosion adds an adult twist to a summer favorite (tip: replace the corn syrup with agave nectar). Take it a step further and consider making a donation to Alex's Lemonade Stand on behalf of the gift receiver and include it with the recipe. - Raspberry Coconut Popsicles - This seasonal fruit combined with a hint of the tropics will lend a cool escape for your friend on a hot summer day. - Watermelon Cucumber - Add mini chocolate chips into the red layer to make it look more like a watermelon for a fun twist.
3. Patio party - Consider using a hanging basket, that your friend can use to decorate their patio. Drop in these party picks! * Citronella candle * Long-necked lighter * Rock-it, turn anything into a speaker * Wine charms or bottle bands * Recipe card, such as one of these fruity sangria recipes
4. Picnic Perfect - Put everything into a big collapsible basket cooler, including: * Blanket * Bottle of the recipient's favorite wine * Wine chiller bag * Wine tray to hold bottle and glasses * Gourmet recipe card for something that will hold up well, like this recipe for quick walnut pate sandwiches with pears and arugula
5. Treasure Chest - Start with a nice, wooden box and present the gift with the lid opened to reveal the sparkly "hidden treasure." Treasure can include:
* Sea shells, sand dollar or starfish
* Gold chocolate coins
* Roasted seaweed snack * Eye patch for an extra hint of fun
* Jewelry set (if this is for a male, you could include a shiny watch or cuff links) Tip: if this person likes to craft, include instructions and materials for them to make their own jewelry.
Sit back and feel your cool factor rise when you gift one of these to a loved one. What summer gift basket ideas do you have?