The holidays can be a little overwhelming at times. So take a break for an hour and join us for the #HPHolidays Twitter Party on December 10, at 8:00 pm EST. If you've joined one of our Twitter parties before, then you know how it works: we'll be chatting about holiday recipes, winter activities and ways to keep the holidays fun and stress-free, while giving away prizes throughout the hour.
If this is your first Twitter party, don't worry: we've put together this handy guide to get you started.
This year, our friends at riceworks be joining us and giving away some exclusive gift packs. For a peek at what you might win, check out some of their new flavors, like Black Japonica Rice or Sea Salt and Black Sesame.
In addition, we'll be handing out some House Party swag of our own and some other great prizes, including subscriptions to a cupcake-of-the-month club and a chocolate-of-the-month club, as well as a $500 Visa gift card to help you finish up your holiday shopping. We'll be awarding prizes during the whole hour, so be sure to come early and stick around!
- If you're new to Twitter: set up your account as soon as you can and start to use it. This will prevent your new account from being flagged. Twitter has important rules and guidelines to keep its community safe from spam and dangerous or offensive comments, and a new account that's tweeting at a high rate during a Twitter Party might get flagged unnecessarily.
- And if you want to learn more about the basics of Twitter, they have a handy FAQ on their site.
- Follow us at @HousePartyFun and follow riceworks at @riceworkscrisps.
- Make sure you're a registered House Party member. (Otherwise, you aren't eligible to win an #HPHolidays Twitter Party prize.)
- Also, review the address associated with your House Party account and update it if you need to. You'll be happy you did this if you win and have a prize headed in your direction!
- Read our Twitter Party FAQ so you'll know what to expect.
- Check out the #HPHolidays Twitter Party page! It's the easiest way to follow along with the party. You'll see House Party's tweets and all tweets using the #HPHolidays hashtag, with a place to write and send tweets of your own.
- Spread the word - the more the merrier!
- It's easy: just hit the "Tweet this" button at the top of this blog post so your followers can see what we're up to and join in on the fun!
So, in summary:
We can't wait to see you there!