It's not summer without a #HPSummer Twitter Party - Tuesday, July 2nd at 8:00 p.m. EST!
Join House Party at our second annual #HPSummer Twitter Party to celebrate the summer season, meet other House Partiers on Twitter and maybe win some amazing prizes! We want to hear how your summer's going, what you're up to for the Fourth of July holiday and the fun ways you plan to spend the rest of the sunniest, happiest season. There's no need to formally RSVP - just visit the #HPSummer homepage on Tuesday, July 2nd at 8:00 p.m. EST. Once you log in with your Twitter account, you'll be able to follow the conversation, see other participants and send tweets all from the same place.
If this is your first Twitter Party and you have questions, don't worry. Check out our handy Twitter Party 101!
Even though the conversation is sure to be the gift that keeps on giving, it wouldn't be a Twitter Party without some prizes to help you have an even happier summer season:
- House Party T-shirts, coffee mugs, bottle openers, totes and more!
- $50 iTunes gift cards
- SodaStream home soda makers and accessories
- $500 Travelocity gift card
How prizing works during the party:
Keep an eye on @HousePartyFun's tweets throughout the party for information on how to win. Most prizes will be randomly given away, but there'll be an important trivia portion, too - so get that search engine ready!
- We'll announce winners during the hour, so make sure to stay until the end, when we'll be giving away the biggest prizes
- Each person can only win ONE prize, excluding House Party goodies - so winning House Party prizes doesn't take you out of the running for the other prizes
- At the end of the hour, we'll Direct Message each winner through Twitter
- Each winner will need to provide the email address associated with his or her House Party account to redeem their prize
- If you're new to Twitter: set up your account as soon as you can and start to use it. This will prevent your brand new account from being flagged. Twitter has important rules and guidelines to keep its community safe from spam and dangerous or offensive comments, and a brand new account that's tweeting at a high rate during a Twitter Party might result in an unnecessary flag on your account.
- And if you want to learn more about the basics of Twitter, they have a handy FAQ on their site.
- Follow us on @HousePartyFun.
- Make sure you're a registered House Party member (otherwise you aren't eligible to win the #HPSummer Twitter Party prizes).
- Review the address associated with your House Party account and update it if you need to - you'll be happy you did this if you win and have a prize headed in your direction.
- Check out the #HPSummer homepage! It's the easiest way to follow along with the party. You'll see House Party's tweets, all tweets using the #HPSummer hashtag, and a place to write and send tweets of your own.
- Spread the word - the more the merrier!
- It's easy: just hit the "Tweet this" button at the top of this blog post so your followers can see what we're up to and join in on the fun!
See you then!