In honor of Autism Awareness month, House Party has teamed up with Autism Speaks, the world's leading autism science and advocacy organization, to help spread the word and provide you with resources, information and ways you can participate in helping anyone you know who may be touched by autism. Light It Up Blue, in its third year, is a unique global initiative to help raise awareness about the growing public health concern that is autism. Iconic landmarks around the world will Light It Up Blue to show their support. In fact, some of us here at House Party will be kicking off the month by visiting the Empire State Building, which will Light It Up Blue tonight (stay tuned for photos)!
Throughout the month, we'll...
- Keep you updated on the Light It Up Blue initiative
- Share information from the experts at Autism Speaks
- Throw a Light It Up Blue Cocktail Party (Hey, parties are what we do best, right?) and share the photos, planning tips, and how it made a difference with you later this month
- Learn from you, our community, and experts from Autism Speaks
You can join us in this global initiative on...
- Facebook - both Autism Speaks's Page and our own Page
- Twitter - with the hashtag #LIUB (Be sure to follow both @AutismSpeaks and @housepartyfun!)
- Pinterest- check out the Light It Up Blue! board we've created with Autism Speaks
So, join Autism Speaks in celebrating World Autism Awareness Day today, April 2, and Light It Up Blue to help shine a light on autism throughout the month of April. Whether it's your front porch or your local city hall, an office party or a banquet, the whole world is going blue to increase awareness about autism.
This is the first awareness and advocacy initiative that House Party has promoted. Of course, it certainly won't be the last. We've seen and heard you share your own stories and causes that you're passionate about in all of our communication channels-on Facebook, Twitter and emails -and know that spreading awareness and giving back is important to many of you. Stay tuned for more initiatives like this in the future.
Join us now and help shine a light on autism.
Learn more about Light It Up Blue and Autism Speaks.
Learn about ways you can help and how to throw a blue cocktail party.
We'd love to hear your feedback and your stories throughout the month! Just leave a comment below.