Good morning, Black Friday shoppers! This blog post was posted a little early, but we wanted to give you something to read while you're standing in line and waiting for the stores to open. How are you all doing? Lists made? Did you check out the pro tips from the House Party community? There are a few in there that you can still act on! Of course, good morning to all of you sitting at home, warm in your PJs, too. We hope that you're enjoying a day off with the family! Wherever you are and whatever you're doing, we know you all have at least one thing in common: You have tons of leftover turkey in your fridge from yesterday's feast. So, here are our favorite leftover turkey recipes...check 'em out!
- Anyone can make a turkey potpie. I mean, come on Captain Obvious. But this one gets our blood pumping with some spice and Southwest flair: Tex-Mex turkey soup
- Put a tasty Italian spin on things with this leftover winner from Rachel Ray: Thanksgiving Stromboli
- And another creative creation, with an Asian flair: Thanksgiving leftover wontons with cranberry salsa
- Here's one for the furry friend in your life. If you get sick of all that turkey, this is a great solution.
- Brie's turkey and cranberry dog bones
- Food Network and Allrecipes.com also list their top leftover recipes.
- You can also check out Larry and Sarah's leftover recipes to see if you can creatively empty your fridge without food going to waste.
How do you make sure Thanksgiving leftovers don't go to waste?
About the Author: Sarah is a friend of House Party. Sarah held a few roles during her three years with the company, most recently as our Community Manager. This is a fancy way of saying that she made sure that you were heard, helped and having fun. She also tweeted as one half of the contributors to our @HousePartyFun Twitter handle with Jared. She was born and raised in Ottawa, Canada, but moved to the northern corner of New York City during her time at House Party and has since moved on to the great city of Chicago, where she lives with her boyfriend and their sassy chinchilla, Rufus. Audiophiles at heart, they've crammed-in five guitars and way more speakers and gigabytes of music than a little apartment should hold. Her party tip: no matter the size or type of party, put on music just loud enough to cover up the sound of chewing (ew!), but not chatting.