It's getting closer...can you feel it? No, we're not talking about the arctic blasts that old man winter has planned for us. We're also not talking about the faint sound of early morning shoppers already stampeding to be the first in line for Black Friday sales. We're talking about the one, the only: #HPHolidays Twitter Party.
That's right - the #HPHolidays Twitter Party is less than a week away!!! Next Thursday, November 21 at 8pm EST, our annual #HPHolidays Twitter Party will officially usher in the holiday season here at House Party, and it's just not a party without you. We'll be chatting with the House Party community about Thanksgiving recipes and tips, favorite holiday traditions and ways that we give back to get you in the mood for Thanksgiving and the entire holiday season.
You'll get a chance to chat with us and other House Party community members...as well as a chance to win some amazing prizes from our prize sponsor Dietz & Watson (no more perfect time for these delicious prizes!), plus Amazon gift cards, House Party swag and more!
How prizing works during the party: Keep an eye on @HousePartyFun's tweets throughout the party for information on how to win. Most prizes will be randomly given away, but there'll be an important trivia portion, too - so get that search engine ready!
- We'll announce winners during the hour, so make sure to stay until the end, when we'll be giving away the biggest prizes
- Each person can only win ONE prize, excluding House Party goodies - so winning House Party prizes doesn't take you out of the running for the other prizes
- The following day, we'll Direct Message each winner through Twitter
- Each winner will need to provide the email address associated with his or her House Party account to redeem their prize
- If you're new to Twitter: set up your account as soon as you can and start to use it. This will prevent your brand new account from being flagged. Twitter has important rules and guidelines to keep its community safe from spam and dangerous or offensive comments, and a brand new account that's tweeting at a high rate during a Twitter Party might result in an unnecessary flag on your account.
- And if you want to learn more about the basics of Twitter, they have a handy FAQ on their site or check out our Twitter Party 101.
- Follow us on @HousePartyFun.
- Make sure you're a registered House Party member (otherwise you aren't eligible to win the #HPHolidays Twitter Party prizes).
- Review the address associated with your House Party account and update it if you need to - you'll be happy you did this if you win and have a prize headed in your direction.
- Check out the #HPHolidays Home Page! It's the easiest way to follow along with the party. You'll see House Party's tweets, all tweets using the #HPHolidays hashtag, and a place to write and send tweets of your own.
- Spread the word - the more the merrier!
- It's easy: just hit the "Tweet this" button at the top of this blog post so your followers can see what we're up to and join in on the fun!
So, what do you need to remember?
What: #HPHolidays Twitter Party When: Thursday, November 21 at 8pm EST Where: Here! Who: @HousePartyFun and you. (With prizes sponsored by @DietzandWatson!) Why: Because you don't want to spend the rest of your life wondering what might have been had you only attended the #HPHolidays Twitter Party...
We can't wait to see you there!