It's that time of year - the holiday scramble and hunting for the perfect gifts! One tip to help ease the stress when it comes to shopping is to take note of gift ideas throughout the year as you come across them. If you haven't been doing that this year, below is a list to get you started. And here are even more ideas you might find useful, including gift wrapping ideas! I also like to keep a secret gift ideas board on Pinterest and note specifically who each gift will go to.
Gift ideas for...
The busy person:
1. Weekly healthy meal plans - This site does all the work for you when it comes to planning healthy, simple recipes for the week - for an individual or a family - and pulling the corresponding shopping list together. I use this from time to time and it offers up such flexibility and convenience. ($5/individual download or $18.99/month)
2. iOttie windshield dashboard car/desk mount cell phone holder - Since so many people rely on their phones for GPS these days, give them a mount to help with the drive - works with a wide variety of phones. I have one and use it all the time! ($22.99)
The girlie girl:
3. Fleece lined leggings - Add extra warmth to this stylish wardrobe staple this winter. (up to $9.99/pair)
4. Baubles - Jewelry is always a hit and this site offers tons of reasonably priced necklaces, earrings and more.
5. LongstemR overdoor/wall organizer - Perfect for anyone with a lot of accessories. They also sell versions for men and kids. I have one and love it! ($69.99) Every girl loves bath products, especially when they come in festive flavors like Merry Marshmallow Kiss and Cranberry Twinkle.
6. Bath and Body Works gifts - Every girl loves bath products, especially when they come in festive flavors like Merry Marshmallow Kiss and Cranberry Twinkle.
The host with the most:
7. Metrokane Rabbit wine stoppers - These wine stoppers provide an air-tight seal so half empty wine bottles can go in the fridge sideways with no leakage, plus they come in fun colors! ($8, set of 4)
8. Ninja Blender - Blend up all sorts of concoctions for the party.
The fitness guru:
10. Zombies, Run! App - Get fit. Escape zombies. Become a hero. ($3.99)
11. Spotify membership - Music is such an essential part of working out for a lot of people, and Spotify works on your computer, your mobile, your tablet and your home entertainment system.
12. It Works! Weight Loss Wraps - The latest craze in weight loss, these special wraps claim to show trimming results in as little as 45 minutes!
13. Jelly Belly BeanBoozledR Spinner Jelly Bean Gift Box - It's a box of candy and game all in one! Use the spin wheel to decide what bean you eat, but beware because for every delicious flavor, there's an equally disgusting look-alike. For example, the brown ones taste like chocolate pudding OR canned dog food! Be prepared for major fits of laughter as you dare each other to play. ($5.99 each)
14. Poo-PourriR - With its tagline, "Spritz the bowl before-you-goR and no one else will ever know", this gift surely won't stink! Your friends and family will get a kick out of these while spraying some holiday cheer this season with scents like Secret Santa and Santa Poo. ($9.95 for 100-use bottle)
The gadget lover:
15. TileTM - Perfect gift for forgetful people, this little gadget is touted as the "world's largest lost and found". It can be attached to items like your keys, bike or wallet, then easily found with the Tile app. ($19.95 preorder)
16. Quirky.com gadgets - Check out unique gadgets invented by people just like you!
The person who has everything:
18. 23andMe DNA Kit- Definitely not your standard gift, this "spit kit" allows a person to send in his/her DNA to receive a full report on their ancestry and potential health conditions. ($99)
19. A fun experience - From massages to rock climbing excursions, an experience always provides a memorable gift. Look to deals sites for inspiration - a few of my favorites include Amazon Local, Groupon, LivingSocial and Airbnb.
20. Custom Cat Cartoon - Submit what you'd like this guy, Steve, to draw and he'll create an original drawing on an 8.5"x11" paper then deliver it to you digitally and/or in the mail. Some people have even proposed to their significant other through these cartoons!($9.95)
The young adult:
21. Magazine subscription - In this digital age, sometimes it's nice to get a physical magazine in the mail. Plus, the magazines can be upcycled into tons of different crafts afterwards. I've used mine to wrap gifts, make greeting cards, picture frames and more.
22. Diamond candles - Scents like Fresh Snow and Cinnamon Pinecone will bring on the warm holiday fuzzies. Plus each earth friendly, all natural soy candle contains a surprise diamond ring worth $10, $100, $1,000, or $5,000! ($24.95)
23. Upcycled antique silverware jewelry - This hip, wearable spin on an antique also provides a dose of nostalgia. ($20)
24. Homemade Tea Wreath - Get crafty and pull together this cool, easy wreath. Consider using holiday teas like Bigelow Eggnogg'n Tea, Celestial Seasonings Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride Tea and Stash Holiday Chai Black Tea.
The kid or kid at heart:
25. Back to the Roots AquaFarm - Self-cleaning fish tank that grows food! Just fill with water, add fish and plant seeds. ($59.99)
26. "Souper" Scavenger Hunt - Plant clues around the house that lead to a gift's hiding spot - the hunt will be a gift within itself! See the "Souper Surprise" idea from last year's gift wrapping blog for an interesting way to present your first clue in a used pop-top soup can.
27. Tokens to a nearby batting cage
The little ones:
28. LEGO DUPLOR brand PlanesTM and Jake and the Neverland PiratesTM play sets - LEGOR DUPLOR preschool building toys are specially designed for the small hands and big imaginations of toddlers.
29. Radio FlyerR ZiggleTM - Get kids moving with this fun way to ride around - it lets kids twist the front and wiggle the back and off they go! ($49.99)
30. Spicy Sriracha Peas - Spice up the holidays with this crunchy snack. ($8.50)
31. Mobile Foodie Survival Kit - This handy kit allows every foodie to take important organic herbs and spices everywhere so they can doctor up any meal, wherever they may be eating it. ($26)
32. Mission BeltR - These no-hole belts lets you customize the size with a unique buckle. Plus, a dollar from every Mission belt sold goes towards fighting global hunger and poverty through micro lending.
33. Red Cross donation - Help with disaster relief, especially with the recent Illinois tornadoes and the damage from Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.
34. Kiva micro loan - Change a family's life by helping them get their business off the ground.
35. Heifer International donation - Give back to the community by helping families around the world meet their basic needs. You can also add a bit of humor to your gift - donate "a flock of chicks" then give a card showing the donated flock of chicks to your single male friends for a good laugh. ($20 and up)
What are some of your gift ideas?